This post may use affiliate links which may earn a commission for purchases made at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Ever get that feeling of unease or slight discomfort while carrying in the appendix concealed carry position? Yeah, me too. Or at least I used to long ago before I got my hands on the best appendix holster that worked for me.
Now imagine this. A holster so comfortable you’d almost forget it’s there but at the same time has proper retention while giving you quick access to be able to protect yourself and your loved ones. That’s where the best appendix holster comes into play.
The sweet dance between comfort and readiness is the name of the game when it comes to concealed carrying.
I’ve tried many, but only some make the cut and meet those high standards of concealment, retention, quality…and let’s not forget affordability.
Stick around as we explore some candidates for the best appendix holster in all their glory – big brands, lesser-known gems; and even tips on safe use and some good training practices thrown in for good measure!
Ready to dive deeper? Let’s do it.
Understanding Appendix Holsters
If you’re looking to maximize your comfort and ability to quickly draw, appendix concealed carry holsters are worth considering. Named for their position at the front of the body – near where the appendix would be – these types of carry holsters have grown in popularity.
Appendix carry is the preferred carry method by many because it provides excellent concealment without sacrificing accessibility. It lets gun owners maintain control over their chosen handgun at all times. This technique is great for those who prefer an IWB holster (inside the waistband) and are mostly mobile.
The T-Rex Arms Sidecar, Tier1 Concealed Axis, and the Raven Concealment Eidolon are some examples of top-quality appendix carry holsters that provide an optimal blend of convenience, safety, and concealment.
The key to effective use lies in proper positioning and training. Just like any other carry options, learning how to draw smoothly from an appendix carry holster can make all the difference when seconds count.
Factors to Consider When Choosing The Best Appendix Holster
Picking the right appendix carry holster isn’t just about grabbing one off the shelf. You need to consider factors like your chosen handgun, comfort, concealment, retention, material quality, and price.
An AIWB holster should feel relatively comfortable even after hours of wearing it. A good fit doesn’t dig into you unnecessarily or cause extreme discomfort when you’re sitting and moving around even when carrying an attached magazine pouch.
Adjustable key features like ride height and cant are good to have on your chosen appendix carry holster. An additional premium add-on is a sweat guard. Sweating with an IWB holster is to be expected when utilizing any inside-the-waistband carry method but this can help a lot while you carry with AIWB holsters (appendix inside the waistband).
An effective IWB holster is easy to hide under clothing without giving away that you’re carrying a firearm. Most holster makers have some sort of concealment claw to help conceal the grip of the handgun better and reduce printing. “Printing” is when the concealed firearm leaves an imprint underneath your clothing and makes it more visible.
As already mentioned, having adjustable ride height and a good belt clip attachment is a must-have key feature for proper concealment and retention. Especially since we all have different body types.
Top-notch appendix carry holsters securely hold your gun in place with a solid belt clip but always allow for quick draw when needed. A good holster will have reliable retention systems to keep the firearm securely in place and will simultaneously completely cover the trigger guard.
If the holster does not cover the trigger guard while offering secure retention, then I wouldn’t carry it. That is a big safety concern.
The longevity and performance of an effective holster depend largely on its material. Most brands use high-quality materials that withstand everyday wear and tear while providing optimal functionality. An IWB kydex holster is most likely what you will end up buying but there are other options out there aside from durable kydex.
- You don’t want something that’s going to fall apart within a year – go for durable materials, like a kydex holster, and well-known appendix carry holsters.
Reviewing Contenders For The Best Appendix Holster
If you’re on the hunt for a top-notch AIWB holster, we’ve got your back. We’ve put our expertise and years of experience to work to give you a rundown of some excellent options.
T.Rex Arms Sidecar 2.0
First up is the T.Rex Arms Sidecar 2.0. Known for its innovative design that has set the standard for appendix carry holsters. The Sidecar 2.0 offers solid retention and comfort and can also sport an extra mag pouch to carry more ammo discretely and conveniently.
When it comes to the best appendix holsters, the T.Rex Arms Sidecar 2.0 is a top contender that stands out from its competitors due to several unique features and benefits:
- Durable Construction: The T.Rex Arms Sidecar holster is built with rugged Kydex material, ensuring longevity and durability for long-term use.
- Fully Adjustable: The cant angle and ride height are fully adjustable, providing maximum comfort for all-day carry. It’s adjustable to fit any body type, making it a crowd favorite and able to be easily concealed without worry.
- Built-in Magazine Carrier: This innovative design incorporates a magazine carrier directly into the holster, allowing you to have an extra mag at your fingertips when needed most.
- Versatility: It can be used with multiple firearm models which makes this holster versatile in nature. You can also carry a 5.56 rifle mag, a sub-gun mag, a tourniquet, or handcuffs making it extremely modular.
In addition to these practical features, many users appreciate how comfortable the T.Rex Arms Sidecar 2.0 feels during daily wear – even while sitting or driving! This comfort combined with superior concealment capabilities makes it one of our top picks among appendix holsters on today’s market.
This is my personal choice for an appendix carry holster. It offers a limited lifetime warranty, is built in the U.S.A. by T.Rex Arms and they are a Christian company with great values that they stand behind openly.
Safariland IncogX Holster: NEW
Introducing the Incog X, a revamped RDS-compatible IWB holster. Developed by Haley Strategic Partners and Safariland, this 10th-anniversary edition offers improved concealed carry features for users seeking enhanced functionality.
An ergonomic, mission-adaptable, multi-positional, deep concealment IWB hybrid thermoformed holster. Its distinctive features enable concealed carry for a wide range of handgun fits from various carry positions while allowing for a full firing grip prior to drawing.
The design features passive retention and adjustable tension functionality, allowing a fine-tuned holstered firearm fit and draw feel. This evolution of the IncogX features a series of clips that allow more adaptability to the end user while providing the original design intentions of enhanced grip acquisition, concealment, and functionality.
The clips open outward and slide down with the holster, naturally locking in place over the belt. An actuated finger tab flexes to open, allowing quick installation or removal from the belt. An improved clip strut design combines functionality with customized concealment shims that can be easily installed or removed without any tools.
This holster stands out for its unique design, functionality, and quality construction and could be the best appendix holster for you.
- 3 Sizes of Concealment Enhancing Clip strut shims
- Red-dot compatibility for micro and full-size.
- Microfiber suede-wrapped Boltaron holster body
- Optional magazine holder with adjustable tension.
- Over-the-belt polymer clips
- Passive retention for trigger guard and ejection port.
- Channel height: 0.406 inches
- Durability: The Safariland IncogX is made from Boltaron and known for its high strength-to-weight ratio. This makes it extremely durable even under rough conditions or heavy use.
- Versatility: The adjustable retention feature allows users to set their preferred draw tension according to their needs and preferences. Furthermore, this holster can be used in multiple carry positions such as appendix or strong side hip carry.
- Ease of Use: With its clip-on design, you can easily attach or remove the holster without having to take off your belt first.
- Limited Compatibility: The main drawback of this model is that it’s only compatible with certain firearm models which may limit options for some individuals based on what they carry.
- Not US made or assembled.
Unique, new, innovative and hitting the market with some amazing features
*Price accurate at time of writing
Raven Concealment Eidolon
The Raven Concealment Eidolon, although lesser-known in mainstream circles, offers superb concealability without sacrificing comfort or security—a real dark horse contender among appendix holsters.
For those who prioritize comfort, versatility, and concealability in an appendix holster, the Raven Concealment Eidolon is a top-tier choice. Designed for everyday carry (EDC), this holster sets itself apart with its unique features that cater to both seasoned firearm owners and beginners alike.
The Raven Concealment Eidolon’s design stands out due to its ambidextrous nature. Whether you’re right or left-handed doesn’t matter; this holster caters to all. Moreover, it offers adjustable retention allowing users to set their preferred draw tension.
Unmatched Comfort And Concealability
This appendix holster boasts of a ‘concealable claw’ feature that helps tuck the grip into your body when carrying concealed providing superior concealability without sacrificing accessibility or safety. Additionally, it comes with multiple belt loop options ensuring maximum comfort tailored specifically to your needs.
Here are some key features of the Raven Concealment Eidolon:
- Ambidextrous design suitable for both right-hand and left-hand users
- Made from durable Kydex material ensuring longevity
- Concealable claw enhances concealability by tucking the gun’s grip into the body
- Adjustable retention allows customization of draw tension according to user preference
- Diverse belt loop options ensure personalized fit enhancing comfort
Overall, the Raven Concealment Eidolon provides a well-rounded balance of functionality, durability and comfort. Its innovative design elements cater to a broad range of user needs making it an ideal choice for those seeking the best appendix holster.
Raven Concealment Eidolon
Affordable, reliable and functions as it should. Can’t go wrong.
*Price accurate at time of writing
Tier1 Concealed Axis
When it comes to choosing the best appendix holster, one cannot overlook the Tier1 Concealed Axis. This exceptional product is designed with precision and an acute understanding of a gun owner’s needs, making it a top choice for men who value preparedness and tactical training. This holster has a host of elite features:
- Adjustable Retention: Customize how tight or loose your weapon sits in the holster based on personal preference and comfort level.
- Versatility: This holster can accommodate various firearms, adding versatility to its list of benefits. Whether you’re carrying a Glock 19 or Sig P365, this model has got you covered. It also features an additional mag pouch for you to carry more ammunition.
- Durable Material: Made from high-quality Kydex material which ensures durability even under rigorous use.
- Comfortable Design: This appendix carry holster stands out due to its comfortable design. It features adjustable retention that allows you to customize how tightly your firearm fits into the holster, ensuring a secure fit. Lastly, the Axis comes with a solid belt clip and many comfort options to make this holster comfy during extended periods of wear.
You cannot go wrong with choosing the Axis, or any appendix carry holster from Tier 1 Concealed. They are top-tier level products that many stand by.
More High-Quality Appendix Holsters to Consider
If you’re looking for more top-notch appendix holsters, don’t overlook these gems. Each has its own distinct feel and characteristics, making them worth considering.
Crossbreed Holsters The Reckoning
When it comes to superior comfort, adaptability, and robust construction in appendix holsters, the CrossBreed Holsters The Reckoning stands out. This premium holster is designed for men who prioritize safety and preparedness without compromising on style or convenience.
Key Features of CrossBreed Holsters The Reckoning:
- Versatility: One striking feature of this holster is its versatility. It can be worn inside the waistband (IWB), outside the waistband (OWB), or even as an appendix carry (AIWB). Its adjustable retention allows you to customize your draw based on your preference.
- Durability: Made from top-grade cowhide leather backing with a molded Kydex pocket, this holster guarantees durability and longevity. It’s built to withstand rigorous use while maintaining its shape and function over time.
- Safety: The secure fit ensures that your firearm stays put during all activities while allowing quick access when needed most – a vital aspect for any tactical training enthusiast or survivalist.
Ergonomic Design & Comfort
The CrossBreed Holster’s design takes into account both comfort and functionality. With its hand-molded shell for specific gun models, it provides a snug fit that minimizes discomfort often associated with carrying firearms IWB or at the appendix position.
The added benefit of being able to adjust cant (angle) and ride height makes this one of the best options available in terms of customizability; ensuring not just optimal concealment but also easy accessibility under pressure situations.
Lastly, the breathable leather backer helps reduce sweat build-up, making it comfortable to wear for extended periods – an important factor for those long days of tactical training or outdoor adventures.
In the world of preparedness and survival, every detail matters. CrossBreed Holsters offers a combination of comfort, durability, versatility, and safety that is hard to beat. It’s not just about carrying a firearm; it’s about being ready for anything with confidence.
Crossbreed Holsters The Reckoning
An affordable option for those who want a popular holster that functions well.
*Price accurate at time of writing
Bravo Concealment Torsion 3.0 IWB
The Bravo Concealment Torsion IWB holster boasts impressive retention and comfort. With adjustable cant and ride height, it lets you tailor the fit according to your needs. It’s a great choice if flexibility is what you need.
The torsion technology integrated into the holster’s design allows it to contour naturally to your body. This not only enhances concealability but also ensures that you can carry your firearm comfortably throughout the day without any discomfort or awkward bulging.
It’s perfect for everyday use as well as in more demanding survival situations where reliability could mean the difference between life and death.
- Torsion Technology: The patented design provides superior concealability by pulling the grip closer to your body.
- Durable Material: Made with tough Kydex material, this holster will stand up against wear-and-tear like no other.
- Versatility: Can be worn inside-the-waistband (IWB) or outside-the-waistband (OWB), giving you options based on personal preference or situational needs.
- User-friendly Design: Adjustable retention lets you customize how tightly your gun fits in the holster; plus, it has an unlimited lifetime warranty!
In terms of functionality, ease of use, durability, and comfort – there’s little else that matches up with the Bravo Concealment Torsion IWB holster. If strength in all areas of life is what we strive for at Men of Strength USA then gear like this certainly helps us achieve our mission.
Bravo Concealment Torsion 3.0 IWB
Ultra affordable holster with built in torsion technology for better concealment.
*Price accurate at time of writing
Exploring Lesser-Known Brands
While the big players dominate the appendix carry holster market, it’s worth considering some under-the-radar brands that offer solid quality.
A great example is Havok Holsters. These guys may not have a huge following yet, but they give high-end comfort with a design focusing on minimalism. The result? A sleek, comfortable carry experience that doesn’t compromise on security.
Tenicor Holsters, another lesser-known brand, takes pride in their attention to detail. They’re committed to producing holsters tailored for concealment without sacrificing accessibility or retention.
Alien Gear also makes some pretty decent holsters that you should look into if you want to explore all of your options.
Remember guys, choosing a holster isn’t about sticking with popular names alone; it’s about finding what suits your needs best while staying safe.
Tips for Using An Appendix Holster Safely
Carrying a firearm is not only about exercising your rights; it necessitates personal accountability. Here are some tips to help you use an appendix holster safely.
Proper Training and Practice
No substitute exists for adequate instruction and training. Make sure to spend time learning how to draw from your appendix carry position. You can do this in a dryfire setting at home to perfect your technique.
Always follow safe gun handling rules: treat every weapon as if it’s loaded, never point at anything you don’t intend to destroy, keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire, know your target and surroundings.
Fitting Your Firearm Correctly
A good fit is crucial in ensuring safety when using an appendix holster. You need one that perfectly fits your specific firearm model. A loose fit might lead to negligent discharges while too tight a fit could slow down draw speed during emergencies.
Also, be sure your holster is securely mounted to you so you can avoid dropping or losing your handgun.
Maintaining Situational Awareness
Situational awareness helps prevent unwanted incidents by being conscious of what’s happening around you at all times. This means not only focusing on potential threats but also keeping track of where your muzzle points whenever sitting or bending over.
Dryfire Practice with an Appendix Carry Holster
One of the most effective ways to become proficient with your appendix carry holster, such as the Trex Arms Sidecar, is through regular dryfire practice. Dryfiring allows you to build muscle memory and improve your draw speed without firing a single round. Learn the best dryfire techniques that can make you a better and safer shooter.
Tips for Effective Dryfire Practice
To get started, make sure your firearm is unloaded and in a safe direction. Here are some tips that can help you maximize the benefits of dryfire training:
- Maintain Focus: Concentrate on each movement from drawing your weapon from holsters like Tier1 Concealed Xiphos or Axis. Pay attention to details like grip strength, sight alignment, and trigger control.
- Frequent Short Sessions: Rather than having one long session weekly, aim for shorter sessions spread throughout the week. This helps prevent fatigue which can lead to sloppy technique.
- Vary Your Drills: Incorporate different drills into your routine. For instance, work on both single-shot draws and multiple-shot sequences. Also, consider practicing reloads using gear from companies like Bravo Concealment.
Suggested Dryfire Drills
The following drills will help improve proficiency with appendix carry holsters.
- The One Shot Drill: This is the most basic drill. Simply draw your firearm, aim at a target, and squeeze the trigger.
- The Draw And Reload Drill: This drill involves drawing your weapon, firing one shot (dryfire), performing a reload then firing another shot.
- Moving Target Practice: Aim at different points in your room to simulate moving targets. Remember to keep it safe!
Dryfiring with the best appendix holster can significantly improve proficiency and confidence with this type of concealed carry method.
Always remember safety first during these practice sessions as even though you’re not using live ammunition, proper gun handling should always be observed.
FAQs in Relation to Best Appendix Holster
Is it safe to carry your appendix in a holster?
Yes, carrying an appendix holster is generally safe if you handle the firearm correctly and follow all safety protocols.
How can I make my appendix carry more comfortable?
Selecting a high-quality, well-fitted holster, adjusting its position regularly, and wearing appropriate clothing can enhance comfort for appendix carry.
What is the best appendix holster for a Glock?
The CrossBreed Holsters Reckoning Appendix Carry Holster has rave reviews from Glock owners due to its comfortability and secure fit.
What guns are good for appendix carry?
Guns like Smith & Wesson M&P Shield, Ruger LCP II or any compact pistols are typically great options for comfortable and concealed appendix carry. It really comes down to preference but some features do make for the best handguns.
Choosing the best appendix holster is no easy feat, but we’ve dug deep into this topic for you.
We’ve explored what makes the best appendix holster great – comfort, concealment, retention quality and more. We looked at top brands and lesser-known ones too.
The goal was to arm you with knowledge. Our objective was to provide you with the data required to make a wise decision that fits your financial plan and requirements.
Safety matters too! Remember those tips on how to use the best appendix holster safely? And let’s not forget about maintenance advice to keep your pick in tip-top shape!
In essence, finding the best appendix holster means balancing comfort with readiness. So get out there armed with our insights and choose wisely!