My name is Travis Fultz and I am the founder and author of Men of Strength USA. I grew up always wanting to become a stronger person in all aspects of my life and felt compelled to help others do the same.
I believe that every man should build every aspect of himself to better serve their loved ones and the world around them.
Building Strength In Body, Mind and Faith To Prepare Men For The Hard Times Ahead
That is Men of Strength USA’s tagline and mission. This is a men’s self-improvement website that focuses on building strength in multiple areas of your life. Strength is much deeper than being able to pick up heavy things and we seek to build men up in all areas of their lives while focusing on the core areas of fitness and health of both body and mind, manhood, preparedness, tactical training and, for us, faith in Christ.
While you don’t need to be a Christian to benefit from our content, all of it is driven by our faith in Him and we aim to share the glory of His word with everyone while providing exceptional content and resources that help men build strength in these core areas to better their lives.
Meaning of Strength
Strength, in its comprehensive definition, refers to the physical, mental, or emotional capacity to withstand force, adversity, or pressure, and the ability to exert power or control over objects, situations, or oneself. It encompasses several areas of application:
- Physical Strength: This pertains to the muscular power and endurance of the body. It is the ability to lift, carry, or perform physical tasks with force. Physical strength can be developed through fitness, exercise, and training and is one of our primary areas of focus.
- Mental Strength: Mental strength relates to one’s psychological resilience and determination. It involves the ability to stay focused, maintain emotional stability, and persevere in the face of challenges or stressors. We focus a lot on this topic and it is directly tied to our faith.
- Emotional Strength: Emotional strength refers to the capacity to manage and navigate one’s emotions effectively. It involves self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and the ability to cope with and adapt to emotional situations. Men of Strength USA always seeks to help men with this lacking skill in modern times.
- Spiritual Strength: Faith is often associated with a sense of purpose, inner peace, and the ability to find meaning and direction in life. Spiritual strength can provide a deep sense of resilience and guidance. For us, we are followers of the one true King Jesus Christ and this belief guides us in everything we do. This is the driving force behind all of our content and while it won’t seek to directly convert you, there will be references to scripture from the Holy Bible in all of our content.
- Social Strength: Social strength encompasses the ability to build and maintain healthy relationships, communicate effectively, and navigate social situations with confidence and empathy. Networking is a powerful skill that all men need to work on and we aim to address that.
- Intellectual Strength: Intellectual strength involves critical thinking, problem-solving abilities, and a thirst for knowledge. It is the capacity to analyze, learn, and adapt to new information and challenges. All of your strength is nothing without a strong mind and wisdom to apply it.
- Strength in Preparedness: Lastly, being prepared to handle whatever comes our way is an enormous factor on our strength in every other aspect of life. If you fail to prepare, then you are preparing to fail. A majority of our content will be centered around preparedness and being ready for the hard times to come.
In summary, the term “strength” encompasses a wide range of attributes and capabilities, spanning the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, intellectual, and preparedness for life overall. It reflects the capacity to overcome obstacles, exert control, and thrive in all aspects of life.
By being strong men and leaders, we can then help others and lead by example in times of great need and everyday life.
What I Do
I have over 15 years experience of serious training in fitness and exercise. I myself have gained almost 40 pounds of nearly all muscle since the start of my fitness endeavors at 18 years old. I know what it takes to achieve these goals. It took me a lot of patience and hard work but I have experience with getting strong and building a better body. From bodybuilding to powerlifting to CrossFit, I have a lot of experience I want to share with anyone striving to get stronger and become more capable. This encompasses all aspects of fitness including health, nutrition, and mindset.
I’ve spent most of my work life in the construction trades. I also have experience in law enforcement, firearms instruction, and medical and firefighting experience, all of which have helped me build discipline and strength. All of these career paths are demanding and build strength in their own right. Our work tends to shape who we are and the type of work we do can develop traits that further us on our journeys to becoming strong men. Lastly, in these fields, I have gained a lot of knowledge and skills that I plan to share in all of our content to help others grow.
Skills and Capability
The activities we take part in shape our levels of capability as men. I love firearms training and I compete in shooting competitions as often as possible. Additionally, I am a part-time firearms instructor to help build others’ skills in this area. I enjoy building things and being active outdoors. Other activities I enjoy are camping, hiking, welding, mountain biking, self-defense, off-roading, and the list goes on and on. Acquiring mechanical know-how, being active, and gaining hands-on skills and training to protect yourself all make you more capable and a stronger man. On top of all of this, I am a faithful servant of our Lord God and seek to be closer to Him on a constant basis by living in His word and sharing scripture and the gospel of Jesus Christ with others.
Want to collaborate?
If you have a blog, podcast, or other platforms and are looking to collaborate in some way that aligns with what we do, feel free to reach out via our contact page or email: [email protected]