This post may use affiliate links which may earn a commission for purchases made at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Today, we’re delving deep into emergency preparedness, and we’ve got a piece of prepping gear to discuss that’s always put off – the Mira Safety CM-6M gas mask.
Specifically, the Fire Escape Pro Kit from Mira Safety.
Whether you’re a seasoned prepper or someone who simply values being ready for the unexpected, this piece of gear is a must-have. Let’s dive into the details so you can see the benefits of adding this to your supplies.
Fire Escape Pro Kit Featuring The Mira Safety CM-6M Gas Mask
From Maui to Canada, wildfires are blazing and threatening people’s livelihoods.
I should know. I grew up in CA and lived through numerous wildfires that threatened my family property growing up. I’ve seen these fires destroy homes, cars, and thousands of acres of wildland with my own eyes on plenty of occasions.
Consequently, I have learned that it is wise to plan accordingly and have emergency plans in place as well as keep a stockpile of fire-related gear in my supplies.
That’s where the Fire Escape Pro Kit comes in so let’s get familiar with it and all of its benefits.
- MIRA Safety military pouch/gas mask bag
- MIRA Safety CM-6M tactical gas mask
- Two MIRA Safety VK-530 smoke/carbon monoxide filters
The kit has some pretty awesome features and includes a lot for the price that it is currently being offered. Some of these features include:
- The mask has an impressive 20 year shelf life
- It meets CBRN protection standards. Meaning more protection for you
- The is a full-face mask and panoramic design with a large visor to give you a wide view
- Pre-installed hydration system and canteen to stay hydrated without removing it
- The VK-530 filters effectively filter out smoke, soot, and harmful particulates
- Vacuum foil-sealed filter is usable environments with as little as 17% oxygen
- Filters offer NBC threat protection, keeping you safe from toxic chemicals
- Easily stowed in the gas mask bag fully assembled with the filter attached for convenience
- Drop-leg pouch’s design allows for quick deployment.
- The pouch’s adjustable leg straps and removable shoulder strap enable you to carry the kit easily on the go
We’ve seen the benefits of the kit as a whole so now let’s look at some of the individual components in more detail.
MIRA Safety CM-6M Gas Mask
As one of the top gas mask recommendations, the MIRA Safety CM-6M Tactical Gas Mask acts as a shield against the hazardous gasses often associated with fires. Not only that, this is a full-face respirator for CBRN defense, and if you pair it with the appropriate filters, you have a shield to breathe safely in most environments.
It is easy to use, rugged, and extensively tested, this tactical gas mask is high on our recommendation list for emergency preparedness and professional hazard protection for a reason.
That’s because the MIRA Safety CM-6M offers great value at its price point. It combines awesome features, like an integrated hydration system and it’s anti-fogging which is cool.
Additionally, its panoramic design gives you a wide view to be able to see clearly when trying to safely get out of dogde.
Something I could have used more than a few times in my life.
Key Benefits of the MIRA Safety CM-6M:
The CM-6M mask boasts some pretty desirable features:
- Twenty-year shelf life so you can “buy once cry once”
- It meets CBRN protection standards so you’re covered.
- Panoramic design and wide visor to see what you’re doing.
- Can fit two standard 40-mm 1/7” NATO filter cartridges
- Pre-installed hydration system with a canteen.
- Has a hypoallergenic inner mask to prevent fogging.
- Resistant to mustard gas penetration for about 30 hours
- Compatible with CamelBak water bladders (adapter not included).
- Can be used for a lot of different scenarios.
- Carries MIRA Safety’s special five-year manufacturer warranty
MIRA Safety CM-6M Perks:
The MIRA Safety CM-6M protects you from biological, chemical, smoke, chemical warfare agents and nuclear threats including radioactive dust and other scary stuff you don’t want to be breathing in.
So the protection you receive with this mask is pretty vast and smoke/carbon monoxide is not exempt.
- On the interior of the CM-6M is the respirator’s inner mask, which is a unique hypoallergenic compound:
- This provides a few benefits. First, you can really tighten the mask down to create a good seal while reducing contact with the visor. This prevents fogging which is always annoying to have to deal with.
- Next, it decreases the effort it takes for you to breathe so it is more comfortable for extended use.
- Another highlight of the mask is that you can hear people speaking with them really well. According to MIRA Safety, “it ensures at least 95% intelligibility”. When communication is dire this is an essential feature to have.
- What’s more, the CM-6M’s got a six-point head harness which makes sure it has a tight fit and is fully sealed.
Click here for a full breakdown of all the detailed specifications and benefits.
While the Mira Safety CM-6M has a lot of great features and is at the top of the market, there are some downsides to gas masks in general that you should be aware of:
- Seal: In order to properly use the CM-6M, or any gas mask, you need to be clean-shaven. I know this is a bummer for you guys out there who sport a beard. The facial hair will cause the mask to not fully seal and will allow some contaminants to seep in. In turn, it won’t give you full protection.
=>Pro Hack: I have a beard now that I am no longer in law enforcement and have made this work by using a trick to seal off the mask though I cannot fully recommend it for safety liability reasons. However, if you use petroleum jelly/Vaseline on the perimeter of the mask, you should be able to create a working seal even with a beard if you’re dead set on it or are in a pinch. Try this at your own risk.
- Cost: The CM-6M’s high-quality build and features come at a premium price, which might be a limiting factor for some budget-conscious individuals. However, their deals and discount offers are superb so you can take advantage of those.
- Use with rifles: This is not a big one but worth mentioning. While completely doable, there is a mild learning curve to shouldering and acquiring a proper cheek weld when using with a rifle. Once you get that, then from there it is no big deal.
Other Mask Options:
This review is on the Fire Escape Pro Kit and MIRA Safety CM-6M mask in particular. However, they do offer additional masks with slightly different features and uses.
For example, the CM-7M is a Military grade tactical mask designed specifically to be used with rifle optics.
MIRA Safety Fire Escape Pro Kit VK-530 filters
The Fire Escape Pro Kit includes two VK-530 filters. These filters enhance the MIRA Safety CM-6M’s capabilities and instantly transform it into a smoke hood which gives protection from smoke, particulates, and carbon monoxide.
This filter is made for situations like residential and forest fires hence the name of the kit and why you should highly consider adding it to your preps.
MIRA Safety VK-530 filter
For smoke, carbon monoxide and protection other contaminants
*Price accurate at time of writing
- They provide protection from a wide range of toxic industrial chemicals, smoke, and particulates.
- These filters can be used with as little as 19.5% oxygen in the environment.
- Offers protection against organic gasses and vapors with a boiling point greater than 65°C.
- Provides protection from inorganic gasses and vapors, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, oxides of nitrogen, carbon monoxide, mercury vapors, and compounds, as well as particles of toxic and highly toxic substances.
- Each filter is clearly labeled with its expiration date and sealed.
- Five-year shelf life.
- Solid manufacturer’s warranty.
Other Filter Options:
Once you get a mask your options for protection open up greatly because you can plug and play with different filters that offer different protection.
There are numerous filter options out there to protect you from almost everything there is out there from zombie fungus to chemical warfare to dust particles.
Fire Escape Pro Kit Additional Contents:
The MIRA Safety Fire Escape Pro Kit includes a tactical drop leg/shoulder pouch to easily store and carry a fully assembled mask with a filter attached. It is made of durable ripstop 600D nylon and
Additionally, the kit includes a canteen that easily attaches to the MIRA Safety CM-6M mask hydration nozzle. This gives you the ability to drink water without being exposed to the dangerous elements outside of the mask.
MIRA Safety’s Benefits:
When you purchase anything from MIRA Safety you get some awesome benefits so you can be reassured that you’re buying from one of the best in the business.
- You get MIRA Safety’s 1-year factory warranty. There’s also a 5-year warranty on certain items.
- They offer FREE SHIPPING on ALL orders in the United States.
- The reputation to back up their products.
- They offer great sales, and special deals and you can reveal a cool discount on any page if you look at the bottom left of the screen, hit the button, and enter your email address.
Common MIRA Safety CM-6M FAQ’s:
1) How long can I wear the CM-6M gas mask comfortably?
The CM-6M is designed for extended use. With its ergonomic design and adjustable straps, you can comfortably wear it for hours without discomfort.
2) How often should I replace the filters?
Filter replacement frequency depends on usage and exposure levels. Generally, you should replace the filters after every 40 hours of use in a contaminated environment or as indicated by the manufacturer.
3) Can I wear glasses with the CM-6M?
Yes, you can wear prescription glasses with the CM-6M. The panoramic visor provides ample space for glasses, ensuring your vision remains clear.
4) Is the CM-6M suitable for children?
The CM-6M is designed for adult use. For children, consider seeking specialized gas masks that fit their smaller faces properly.
5) How do I clean and maintain the CM-6M gas mask?
Cleaning and maintenance instructions are provided in the user manual. Generally, you can clean the mask with warm, soapy water and replace filters and parts as needed. Store it in a cool, dry place when not in use.
We are living in a time where more and more fires, natural disasters, terrorism, and other dangerous events are on the rise. The Fire Escape Pro Kit and Mira Safety CM-6M gas mask are there for you to have safety in any disaster or emergency and to give you peace of mind in your preparations.
During my experiences with many different wildfires growing up in Southern CA, I can think of more than a few times where one of these kits or a mask would have been beneficial for me. Not to mention my law enforcement career gave me firsthand experience in the importance of CBRN protection during riots or civil unrest.
Its multi-threat protection, comfort, durability, and enhanced visibility make it a non-negotiable addition to your emergency preparedness arsenal.
Don’t wait for disaster to strike and wish you had protection. The famous saying goes “It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.”
Equip yourself now with the tools to safeguard yourself and your loved ones while things are abundant and affordable. There’s no telling what the future may hold.
“Be ready, and be prepared, you and all your contingents that are assembled around you, and be a guard for them.”